||To estimate your current semester GPA, simply enter the anticipated letter grades and credit hours for each class and press the "Calculate" button. To find out how this semester's grades will affect your cumulative GPA simply enter your current cumulative GPA and total graded hours earned in the appropriate boxes and click the "Calculate" button at the bottom. The calculator will re-figure your cumulative GPA based upon your anticipated grades for this semester.
This calculator gives an approximate value as output (for example, it does not consider courses that have been retaken). To receive a value with more accuracy, students are encouraged to see their advisor.
GPA Calculation Formulas
Grade Values: A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, F = 0
- Sum 1 = (Class 1 Grade Value * Credit Hours) + (Class 2 Grade Value * Credit Hours) + etc.
- Sum 2 = Class 1 Credit Hours + Class 2 Credit Hours + etc.
- Grade Point Average (round to 2 decimal places)= Sum 1 / Sum 2
- Calculate total points = Cumulative GPA * Cumulative Total Credits
- Sum 3 = Total points + Sum 1 from above
- Sum 4 = Cumulative Total Credits + Sum 2 from above
- Cumulative Grade Point Average = Sum 3 / Sum 4